Saturday, May 26, 2012

Back in the saddle

The past few weeks have been difficult. It had something to do with this. OK, it had everything to do with that. I haven't had the desire to write, as all my thoughts have been consumed with worry over my career and how I was going to support my family, though I did struggle through finishing one flash piece. Now that my work situation has smoothed out a bit (although not entirely), I find that my thoughts are turning away from panic and back to writing. I started a new story yesterday and have written about 1,000 words so far. It's such a relief to find myself excited about sorting through plot points, themes and dialogue. I feel like the story is really clicking, and I have hopes that it will be one of those rare gems in which everything just works. If you're a writer, you know what I mean.

No comments: