Friday, June 15, 2012

Midmonth update

Is it already halfway through June? This year is flying by fast. Today is a black day at my place of employment, The Denver Post, because it's the last day for most copy editors. Only eight of us are staying out of 23; the firings were necessitated by newsroom budget cuts. I thought for sure I would be one of those being shown the door, but instead of dealing with unemployment, I am grappling with survivor's guilt -- and with how to produce a nation and world section each day essentially by myself

Now, on with the mid-month writing update:

This week I'm in revisions mode. I revised a flash based on a rewrite request and polished up another flash and got that submitted. Tonight and tomorrow, I plan to finish and submit my Quarter 3 story for Writers of the Future. There's a good possibility that as of Saturday, I will have three stories out to WotF at the same time, which has happened to me only once before. With all the revisions done, I can start the Quarter 4 story next week.

Words of fiction written: 1,000, which is one flash. I have a lot of catching up to do to reach my goal of 5,000 for the month.
Stories started: 1
Stories finished: 2
New submissions: 3
Stories out on submission: 8 (from 1 day to 178 days waiting)

No comments: