Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Writers of the Future, Quarter 1

After 190 days of waiting, I broke down and queried the Writers of the Future Contest administrator about my entry from quarter 1 - the one I submitted the week before Christmas. Since then, the presiding judge has died and been replaced. I also entered by paper sub, which always takes longer to judge. All this added up to an epic wait. It came to an anti-climactic end with a response to my query and a straight rejection. This is the first time in four years that I have received a straight rejection two quarters in a row, but seeing as it has been almost eight months between responses, it doesn't feel like two straight quarters.

In 13 quarters of entering:
  • 1 semi-finalist
  • 1 silver honorable mention
  • 6 honorable mentions
  • 5 straight rejections 

No comments: