Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fireworks

Most Colorado fireworks displays were canceled this year due to the state being a tinderbox. One wrong spark, and we would be dealing with a wildfire in the middle of the Denver metro area. Of the few displays that went on, one happened to be right across the street from my work building, so my husband and I packed up the kids and went to watch from the Denver Post's 10th floor balcony. The show lasted about 20 minutes. My 5-year-old loved it. My 8-year-old was disappointed that the show didn't go longer.

At least we weren't in San Diego, where the display malfunctioned and every firework went off in a span of 15 seconds. My son really would have been disappointed. Then again, I can't imagine the chaos of the Denver display, being set off from the top of the City and County Building in the heart of downtown, going off all at once.


No comments: