Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Stuff and fluff

My story "30 Pounds of Human Tissue" is now posted to the Daily Science Fiction website. It's been there since Monday, but I haven't had the opportunity to blog about it until now. Enjoy!

My husband and I took the kids to see "The Amazing Spider-Man" yesterday at the local cheap theater. With five people in the family, the $2.50 theater is just about the only way we can afford to see movies outside of waiting for the DVD release. Anyway, I did not enjoy this reboot as much as the original Sam Raimi movie. This new version is too dark and angsty for my tastes. There was so little joy in it, especially in the way-too-serious relationship between Peter and Gwen. Let Batman keep the angst, and let Peter Parker have some fun. I also think the movie would have benefited from cutting about 15 or 20 minutes from the run time.

WorldCon is this weekend in Chicago and DragonCon in Atlanta, and I will sadly not be at either one. But I will be watching the Hugo Awards ceremony online and rooting for Stanley Schmidt to win for best editor, as this is his last chance. His retirement as Analog editor was announced today.

2 comments:

Michael A. Burstein said...

Stanley Schmidt could also win the Hugo next year, as he will be eligible to be nominated in 2013 for the work he did in 2012.

Jennifer Campbell-Hicks said...

Good point, Michael. Thanks.