Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sales! And other writing news

The past couple of weeks have been crazy busy, which is the reason for my blog silence. First the good news: I sold two stories last week within hours of each other. One is "Caged," a science-fiction flash story that will appear in one of my favorite markets, Every Day Fiction. The other I can't say anything about yet except that it's awesome. How's that for a teaser? I will give details when I can, hopefully sometime in the next few days.

I've been working on a couple of projects this week. My priority right now is to finish my next Writers of the Future entry. For most of this quarter, I've been waffling about what to write, starting stories and then abandoning them. I finally hit on an idea I love last weekend -- two weeks before the entry deadline -- and have been writing the story longhand over the past few days. The first draft is done. I'm in the process of transcribing it onto my laptop, along with some revision and polishing.

My other project harkens back to the goals I set for myself for 2012: the publication of my first ebook. I hope to have it up at least for Kindle readers in the first week of October and Smashwords soon after that. More details to come.

No comments: