Sunday, October 21, 2012

MileHiCon

It's almost 1 a.m., so this is going to be a quick post. This weekend is MileHiCon here in Denver, which is my only convention of the year. I love conventions and wish I could do more, but getting time off to do so can be difficult. Mostly I've been attending panels, catching up with local writer friends and making new acquaintances. The last of those things isn't easy for me -- I'm very much an introvert -- but I'm making the effort to come out of my shell.

Tonight, I participated in a reading with six other writers of weird west and steampunk stories. Some of us read excerpts from short stories and others from novels. I read from my only story that combines weird west and steampunk, called Snake Oil. The evening was a lot of fun with some great stories, but also tiring. We started at 10 p.m. finished about midnight.

So now I am heading to bed to rest up for the last day of the convention.

No comments: