Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Stuff and fluff

I can't believe we're already halfway through October. This month and this year are flying by. The goal I set myself for this month was to write four flash pieces, one each week. So far, I've written two. The first one was dead on arrival, just didn't work at all. The second one is a fun piece of fluff, but I don't know whether it will find a market. And now an idea for a short story has wormed its way into my brain and won't let me go. I might have to abandon flash pieces No. 3 and 4 and write the longer story instead. That wouldn't be a heartbreaker, as neither of the first two flashes hit the bull's-eye (and one missed the target completely).

In other news:
  • The Kickstarter campaign for Fireside issue No. 3 has five days left, which means there's still time to contribute.
  • MileHiCon is this weekend in Denver. I will be there all three days, and I'm taking part in a reading Saturday night of weird west and steampunk stories. I haven't decided what I'm reading yet, but I'm sure it will be from my new ebook collection. If you're at the con, please drop by!

No comments: