Sunday, November 11, 2012

What I'm looking forward to today

Good morning, and it's a snowy one here in Denver. The streets are dry, but snow dusts the trees and grass. It's beautiful. Today is the 36th anniversary of my birth, one step closer to 40, and I'm feeling the years: back ache, stiff neck, sore throat and stuffy nose. But it'll still be a good day. Here's why:

My family: Yes, I have to work today, as I do every Sunday. But at least for a few hours, I'll spend time with my husband and kids. The two little ones have already given me birthday hugs, which is adorable. Maybe we'll go out to lunch. I hope so because I could really enjoy a Sweet Tomatoes salad and strawberry lemonade.

Big damn heroes: Tonight, the Science Channel airs its 10-year anniversary special of Firefly, one of my favorite shows of all time. Alas, Firefly didn't even last a season, thanks to some probable sabotage from Fox execs and a high concept that a lot of people just didn't get. But the 13 episodes (and movie) were awesome and worth celebrating.

Skyfall: OK, this one won't happen today, but the hubby and I will have a nice dinner-and-a-movie date either tomorrow or Tuesday. I can't remember the last time we went out on date, and ... James Bond. You can't beat that.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Veterans Day, and that we all do our part today and every day to honor the men and women who have served our country.

No comments: