Monday, December 31, 2012

Goals for 2012 redux

Happy New Year's Eve. I'm at work, waiting with crossed fingers that those political types in Washington will reach a "fiscal cliff" deal and do it quickly, so I won't be changing out the front page story at 10 p.m. tonight. As the last day of 2012, it's time to look at the goals I made for the year and see how I did.

1. Dip my toes into epublishing. Success! I published one ebook in 2012: my short story collection "Snake Oil and Other Tales of the Weird West." So far, it's only available on Kindle, but I plan to rectify that in January.

2. Apply to a writers workshop. Yep, did that. I applied to Orson Scott Card's Bootcamp, but I wasn't accepted. I'll try again next year.

3. Enter Writers of the Future every quarter. Again, success, although I've grown disillusioned with this contest over the past few months. I haven't decided whether I will continue to enter every quarter in 2013. I'm not sure this is the best use of my time and energy anymore.

Tomorrow, my goals for 2013.

No comments: