Sunday, January 6, 2013

Stuff and fluff

My first vacation in months starts tomorrow, and I cannot be happier about that. I don't plan to go anywhere, but it's not like I'll be lying around on the couch eating chips and watching movies the whole time (although there will be some of that). My to-do list is a mile long. Among other things, I'll be undergoing a root canal Wednesday, and I'm actually looking forward to it. I've been dealing with some serious pain in my lower jaw for about five weeks, ever since I had a cavity filling that apparently was too much to handle for the poor molar in question. But I had to wait until the new year to get it taken care of, thanks to my dental insurance having maxed out in 2012. It'll be nice to not have to take an ibprofen every four hours -- even in the middle of the night.

I've spent the first week of 2013 working, writing, running, reading and spending time with my hubby and kids. It's been a good start to the year. The running especially has been a luxury because I don't make time in my schedule for trips to the gym very often nowadays. I also have new running shoes for the first time in three years, and that makes all the difference.

Next week I have some boring-but-necessary stuff to get done: oil change for the car, scheduling a repair for the house we're renting out in North Carolina. I will also finally see "The Hobbit" and take my kids to the zoo. There are some new lion cubs that my daughter wants to see. I'm in desperate need of a haircut. And I plan to finish the short story I've been piddling my way through for the last month.

1 comment:

Daniel bird said...

I knew this list existed somewhere. Thanks for posting. are going to be victimization it terribly before long. South Berkeley Orthodontist