Sunday, January 27, 2013

Updates and sniffles

Happy Sunday, everyone. I'm struggling through work today with a box of Kleenex, cough drops and DayQuil. I don't feel gross enough to call in sick and force one of my co-workers to fill in for me on their day off, but I've definitely had better days. My head feels stuffed with fluff, which makes it hard to focus, which makes it hard to write. My plan to pound out a few hundred words before work today ended with me falling asleep with my empty notebook on my lap.

Still, in the absence of any decent word count, we can still do some writerly updates.

The Ray Gun Chronicles Kickstarter is about one-eighth of the way to its goal with 39 days to go. If an anthology featuring stories from the likes of A.C. Crispin, Seanan McGuire, Mike Resnick and many others -- including yours truly -- sounds like something you'd like to read, then please go make a pledge and help this project become a reality.

Fireside Magazine, which recently published its third issue and has accepted my story "Catch a Fallen Star" for publication, will be making a big announcement soon. Stay tuned for more.

I've lowered the price on my story collection "Snake Oil and Other Tales of the Weird West" to $1.99. For less than the price of a cup of coffee, you get zombies, ghosts, dirigibles, moon men and much more. The collection is available on Kindle.

No comments: