Wednesday, February 6, 2013

General updatery

We're almost a week into February, so it might be a good time to talk about progress so far for the year. On writing, I finished a short story about halfway through January and, after receiving some feedback, decided to scrap all but the first 500 words and start from scratch. The new version is in every sense a new story and is more interesting to me as a storyteller. It might be interesting sometime to make both versions available, though I'm not big on showing off my failures.

I've also been doing a lot of promotion for projects that I have stories involved in, which you know if you ever watch this blog or follow me on Google+. Two Kickstarters, both ongoing: Raygun Chronicles and Fireside Magazine. Bryan Thomas Schmidt, the editor of Raygun Chronicles, has a post today at SF Signal on how that project came about. And I'll have Q&As related to both projects coming out in the next week or so.

In non-writing news, my efforts to get back in shape took a backslide this past week as I came down with a bad cold. It's hard to run when you can't breathe. And my kids celebrated their 100th day of school on Monday. I volunteered to help with activities in my daughter's kindergarten class. There was much cutting and gluing involved, and was a lot of fun. I should volunteer more often.

No comments: