Friday, May 3, 2013

May the Fourth! Free Comic Book Day!

How could this combination go wrong? Free comic books on Star Wars day! Every year, I take my kids to the local comic book store on the first Saturday in May, and they have a great time picking out books and ogling all the folks who show up in costume. None of the free comic books really interest me this year, but there are plenty of titles that will appeal to my kids -- and that's the way it should be.

Also, Saturday is Kentucky Derby day. My pick to win: Revolutionary. But in the work pool, I drew the horse Palace Malice. I guess that means I'm rooting for them both.

It's the start of May, so let's do a quick writing/submissions update.
  • Stories out on submission: 9 (longest time out: 269 days; shortest: 6 days)
  • New submissions last month: 4
  • Stories written last month: 2
  • Acceptances last month: 0

No comments: