Friday, May 17, 2013

What I'll be watching this fall

The television networks made a big deal this past week over their new shows for the fall schedule. Only three of them caught my interest. Of course they're all shows with a science-fiction or fantasy bent, and here they are (along with some trailers):

1. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., ABC
Joss Whedon does a Marvel show. Of course I'm going to watch. Plus, there's J. August Richards from "Angel," and Agent Colson is alive. This will most likely be awesome.



2. Almost Human, Fox
The main draw for me on this one: Karl Urban. I've been a fan since his days on Xena: Warrior Princess, back when he wasn't well-known. It's been fun to watch his rise to bigger and bigger roles, and now a television show in which he plays a futurist cop teamed up with an android. Also, the producer is J.J. Abrams. I'm not as sure that this one will work as I am of S.H.I.E.L.D., but I have high hopes.



3. Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, ABC
I already watch Once Upon a Time, and this one looks like an intriguing spinoff. The show it's based on has fallen off in its second season (here's hoping it can get back on track with the Evil Neverland plotline), but I like the idea of Alice in a mental ward. I'm willing to give it a try.


1 comment:

Dustin said...

Have you seen Being Human UK? I started on that one and tried a few of the US episodes, and I liked that vampires were fast, strong, etc, but at 42 minutes instead of 60, I couldn't stick with it.

Sad to see the UK one come to a close. Love the new characters, despite insisting I wouldn't, no way, go away, I hate them, then watched every episode.