Sunday, June 30, 2013

Midyear story stats

We're six months into 2013, so it's a good time to take a look at the story and submission stats so far for the year:

Total submissions: 21
This is on track for a higher count for this year than last, but only barely.

Current submissions: 6
The longest submission in my queue right now is 100 days and the shortest is 0 (the Writers of the Future entry that I submitted 15 minutes ago). I have a flash I need to revise before sending out again, and another flash for which I have a rewrite request but I just can't wrap my head around how to accomplish what the market wants. I think that one will end up being a withdrawal.

Acceptances: 1
I'll share the news on this one later on.


Of course I'd like to see more acceptances, but there's not much I can do about that. I write the best stories I can, send them out and hope someone likes them.

No comments: