Friday, July 26, 2013

Back from space

I returned home from Wyoming and the Launch Pad workshop a few days ago. I've kept busy with plenty of chores and errands and miscellaneous things that had been put off for a week. Now they're all basically done. So I can breathe again and relax for five minutes before the to-do list fills up again.

I haven't had an opportunity to write up my final thoughts on Launch Pad, but that post is coming, hopefully this weekend. In the meantime, I would like to direct your attention to a post from fellow attendee Jamie Todd Rubin on all the wonderful people who were in our workshop group.

Also, a fantastic website I discovered this week: NASA's Astronomy Picture of the Day.

Since getting back, I've received a story acceptance and a story rejection. (More on the acceptance later after I've signed the contract.) I've written about 1,000 words on a new story inspired by my workshop experience. I've taken my car to the shop to repair the damage from getting rear-ended earlier this month and have been driving a much nicer rental car that I am loathe to give back. And I have taken another step toward a medical diagnosis for one of my kids, but alas the slow, multi-step process will not be completed by the time school starts again in the fall.

No comments: