Saturday, July 27, 2013

What I'm reading

Between kids, work, writing and household chores, I sometimes find time to pick up a book.

I'm about halfway through Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld, which I'm reading because it was recommended to me by a friend. It's YA alternate history steampunk, and it's an easy, fast read. I'm enjoying it quite a lot. Enough to move onto the next book in the series? I don't know yet. I'm also reading the new science-fiction anthology Beyond the Sun, and I've loved every story so far. If you're a fan of short fiction and SF, I recommend it. (Full disclosure: the anthology's editor has bought one of my stories for a different anthology to come out later this year.) And I'm reading "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" out loud to my kids at bedtime at a pace of about 10 pages per day, which isn't fast enough for my son, who is constantly asking what happens next.

As for writing, my word count for the week so far is about 1,000, and I hope to boost that through the weekend. Story submissions made this month: four.

No comments: