Thursday, August 15, 2013

Fireside Fiction Company

Fireside Magazine has a new name (see above) to go with its relaunch, which officially went live yesterday. I've been a big cheerleader for Fireside, not just because it'll be publishing one of my stories (although that makes me a very happy writer). It's because, as a reader, this is one of the few publications out there, online or in print, in which I enjoy just about every story that gets published. I can't even say that about the Big Three (Asimov's, Analog and Fantasy & Science Fiction). Right now you might be saying to yourself, "But, Jennifer, I didn't contribute to the Kickstarter, so how can I read all this great fiction?" Not to worry. Subscriptions are available, or you can purchase single issues.

In other news: Google Maps will take you inside the TARDIS. Seriously. It locates the Police Telephone Box on a street corner in London, and if you click on the double arrows, you can go inside the bridge. Awesome.

And in personal news, my kids are going to back-to-school night tonight. It's hard to believe the school year starts Monday. My daughter is so excited to start first grade she can hardly stand it, while my son, who is starting fourth grade, is dreading the end of summer vacation.

No comments: