Thursday, September 12, 2013

Raining and pouring

Mother Nature has apparently forgotten that Colorado is a desert because we've gotten more than 5 inches of rain where I live in the past 24 hours. And the rain is still coming down. The creek that runs near my house, which is called Little Dry Creek, is about ten times its usual size and has just about washed out the bike path where I walk my dog. There's no gently rolling down this stream; the water is a raging, muddy torrent. The damage in Boulder, which is about a half-hour northwest of here, has made national news this morning. At least two people are dead. Roads are washed out. Homes are flooded. Some mountain communities are inaccessible.

This is one of the craziest (and most dangerous) weather events we've had along the Front Range in years. The photos are unbelievable, and I'll direct you to The Denver Post website to see some of the damage. If you live in the area, stay safe!

No comments: