Saturday, September 14, 2013

Saturday's stuff and fluff is soggy

This past week has been devastating for Colorado's Front Range, from Colorado Springs to Fort Collins and every place in between. I feel very lucky that none of my family members have been flooded out (that I know of, at least). Our house is fine. Our neighborhood is fine. But drive 15 miles up the road to Boulder, and it's a different story entirely. The week has also proved exhausting in the day job. The Denver Post has been all over this story in a kick-ass way. Reporters, photographers and videographers are spread across the state, and here in the newsroom, those of us on the copy desk and production staff have been working hard to put all that coverage in the newspaper.

As you might expect, the intensity of the day job and the general stress of living in an area that has gotten 10 inches of rain (give or take) in a matter of days has not put me in a writing sort of mood. But I'm trying. I want to finish the rewrite on my work-in-progress this week and get it out to my first readers in time for comments to meet an end-of-the-month deadline.

I've also received the galleys for my story in the upcoming anthology Raygun Chronicles: Space Opera for a New Age. The table of contents is packed with fantastic writers. And the cover is beautiful. The editor has posted the cover image to the Kickstarter page for the anthology, so I don't think he'd have a problem with me sharing it here:


Submissions this week: A big fat zero. All my stories that are in shape to go out on submission are in editors' slush piles. I expect I will receive responses on at least a couple of them in the next few days.

No comments: