Sunday, October 6, 2013

What I'm reading

The folks at SFSignal have a post to today asking the following questions. Their questions were posed specifically for science fiction and fantasy, but I'm going to open it up to all genres. Here are my answers.
  1. The last book I finished reading:  "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" by J.K. Rowling, which I read aloud to my kids
  2. The last book I did NOT finish: "Fifty Shades Darker" by E.L. James. Yes, I tried to read this pile of drek. I claim temporary insanity.
  3. The last book(s) I bought: Three at the same time: "Tongues of Serpents" by Naomi Novik; "The Long War" by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter; "Kitty in the Underworld" by Carrie Vaughn
  4. The last book I bought that I already owned: I don't do this.
  5. The last book I shared with someone: Do my kids count as "someone"? The Harry Potter series, then.
  6. The last book I raved about: "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn.
  7. The last book I did not enjoy at all: "Fifty Shades Darker" by E.L. James
Now I'll add in another question: What am I reading now?

Four books, actually. "Cuckoo's Calling" by Robert Galbraith (a k a J.K. Rowling); "Beyond the Sun," edited by Bryan Thomas Schmidt; "Tongues of Serpents" by Naomi Novik; and "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" by J.K. Rowling (to my kids).

No comments: