- The last book I finished reading: "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" by J.K. Rowling, which I read aloud to my kids
- The last book I did NOT finish: "Fifty Shades Darker" by E.L. James. Yes, I tried to read this pile of drek. I claim temporary insanity.
- The last book(s) I bought: Three at the same time: "Tongues of Serpents" by Naomi Novik; "The Long War" by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter; "Kitty in the Underworld" by Carrie Vaughn
- The last book I bought that I already owned: I don't do this.
- The last book I shared with someone: Do my kids count as "someone"? The Harry Potter series, then.
- The last book I raved about: "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn.
- The last book I did not enjoy at all: "Fifty Shades Darker" by E.L. James
Four books, actually. "Cuckoo's Calling" by Robert Galbraith (a k a J.K. Rowling); "Beyond the Sun," edited by Bryan Thomas Schmidt; "Tongues of Serpents" by Naomi Novik; and "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" by J.K. Rowling (to my kids).