Thursday, January 2, 2014

Goals for 2014

Yesterday, I talked about how well I did on fulfilling my goals for 2013. Today I'm making some new goals for the new year.

1. Beat my submission total from 2013
Here's how my submission totals have gone for the past four years: 15 submissions in 2010; 28 in 2011; 39 in 2012; 45 in 2013. This year I want to beat 45. It would be great to hit 50, which averages out to a little more than four submissions per month.

2. Apply to a writers workshop
Last year I attended Launchpad, and it was awesome. This year, I have two workshops in mind: Orson Scott Card's Bootcamp (for which I was an alternate last year) and a Novel Writers Workshop taught by Kij Johnson. (Enrollment is already open for the latter workshop, so I better get my application together soon.)

3. Lose some weight
This is cliche, but oh well. My husband and I are embarking on weight-loss goal together. I hope we can keep each other on track. I need to lose 10 pounds to return to my college-days weight, so a healthier diet and more exercise are on the menu. After I lose the 10 pounds, I need to not gain it back.

No comments: