Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Sick day

I am writing this post this morning while sitting in my fluffy robe and socks at the kitchen table, while outside it's snowing. Next to me are a full box of Kleenex, saline spray and petroleum jelly. Yeah, I'm sick, for the second time this year. I've also managed to pull a muscle in my ribcage area, which means I  get a sharp pain every time I sneeze, cough or blow my nose.


Normally, all this wouldn't mean much in the normal scheme of my day. I'm a mother and wife with a full-time job. I don't have time to be sick. But today is my day off from work, my husband is at work and my kids are at school, and I have no errands that are so urgent that I must go out into a snowstorm to do them. Which means, for the few hours until I need to pick up the kids from school, I am allowed to indulge in being sick. I took a two-hour nap this morning, and now: fluffy robe. After lunch, I'll probably go take a bath.


Oh, and there's also watching random videos on YouTube. Here's my new favorite, of "Sherlock" star Benedict Cumberbatch on Sesame Street:



No comments: