Sunday, March 23, 2014

Fireside Magazine Year 3

Fireside Magazine is in the middle of its Kickstarter to fund its third year. The big change this year is that editor Brian White plans to make the website free. Kickstarter contributors get the bonus of the ebook versions of the issues.

I highly encourage folks to contribute. Brian has excellent editorial taste. In year two, every story I've read has been a good one, and I'm seriously not saying that because he published one of my stories. Every story has been enjoyable. How many magazines can you say that about? And I wish more magazines would follow his example of fair pay for writers. You can pledge as little as $2 up to the bigger amounts that have bigger rewards. A pledge of $24 gets you ebooks for every monthly issue.

To find out more, check out the Kickstarter here. And make a pledge!

No comments: