Sunday, March 2, 2014

Oscar predictions

Today is my Super Bowl. I love the Oscars, but this year I've hardly seen any of the nominees. I saw "Gravity" in Imax 3D (absolutely blew my mind), and I took my kids to see "The Croods" at the cheap theater (it was awful). That's it. So I'm basing my predictions on what's happened with all the other awards shows leading up to this one. Here we go:

Picture: 12 Years a Slave
Actor: Matthew McConaughey, Dallas Buyers Club
Actress: Cate Blanchett, Blue Jasmine
Supporting actor: Jared Leto, Dallas Buyers Club
Supporting actress: Lupita Nyong'o, 12 Years a Slave
Director: Alfonso Cuaron, Gravity
Animated film: Frozen
Adapted screenplay: 12 Years a Slave
Original screenplay: Her
Cinematography: Gravity
Production design: The Great Gatsby
Costume design: American Hustle
Makeup and hair: Dallas Buyers Club
Film editing: Captain Phillips
Sound editing: Gravity
Sound mixing: Gravity
Visual effects: Gravity
Original score: Gravity
Original song: "Let it Go," Frozen
Foreign language film: The Great Beauty
Documentary feature: The Act of Killing
Documentary short subject: The Lady in Number 6
Animated short film: Get a Horse!
Live action short film: The Voorman Problem

No comments: