Wednesday, May 21, 2014

What a week

Here is the good part about this week:
  • My oldest son is graduating from high school. The ceremony is Thursday morning. I am a very proud mother.

And the bad:
  • My daughter has pneumonia. The poor girl has already suffered through strep throat this year, and now this. And the pneumonia is on top of an asthma attack that almost got her hospitalized.
  • On the drive home from the doctor's office yesterday, where we spent two hours because of asthma and pneumonia, I was rear-ended at a red light by a driver who then just took off. Thankfully, no damage to my car. But a hit-and-run with my sick child in the back seat ... not cool. In addition to taking care of my daughter, I spent the afternoon filing reports with the police and my insurance company.
  • My oldest son -- the one graduating tomorrow morning -- managed to get his cellphone stolen by leaving it in a public bathroom.

The week looks lopsided, that's for sure. I'm hoping for no more drama.

No comments: