Saturday, August 2, 2014

Sale! To AE - The Canadian Science Fiction Review

I'm happy to share that I've received an acceptance from AE for my science fiction story "Mean Girl," which is about bullying, androids and a society-collapsing virus. The acceptance came on the same day as my most recent Daily Science Fiction publication. So, yeah, that was a good day for me.

In other news:
  • I've set myself a goal of writing on chapter per week on the novel project. That's not super speed but also not snail's pace. Chapter One is written but will need to be rewritten because I can already tell it's not the best way to open the book. This week is Chapter Two.
  • Now that it's August, it's time for me and my husband to get the kids ready to return to school. This fall is different because our oldest will be a freshman at CU-Denver. The two younger ones are entering fifth grade and second grade. 
  • I soooo want to see Guardians of the Galaxy, but it probably won't happen for a week or two, when my husband and I can work out a night to go. Synching our schedules and child care isn't an easy task.

No comments: