Friday, September 12, 2014

First snow of the season

It's not even two weeks after Labor Day, and Colorado got snow last night. This makes me sad. I am not a fan of snow, which might change if I owned a car that could drive on snow. Nevertheless, I wanted to wake up to at least a dusting so I'd have photographic proof of the weather phenomenon.

Alas, the grass, cars and roofs in my neighborhood were wet but not snowy at 7 a.m. when I got up to get the kids ready for school. I'm told snow was on the cars a mile or two away from my house, and to places both to the north (Boulder) and south (Colorado Springs). This weekend, we'll be back up to the mid-70s and low 80s. That's Colorado for you.

Writing update! I've been all over the map. I'm three chapters into the novel. I also wrote a slightly-longer-than-a-flash story that's out on submission, and I'm working on a short story that I didn't intend to write. But now that I'm writing it, I'll be entering in Writers of the Future this quarter. I also have a co-writing project coming up with the talented Nick T. Chan that's a sequel to a story we've recently sold (but I'm not announcing it until we approve the contract). We've finished the outline and are about to get going on the actual story.

Television update! I'm enjoying Peter Capaldi as the new Doctor so far. I'm also enjoying Outlander, enough that I bought the ebook and am reading it. I finished Orphan Black's second season, which wasn't as good as Season 1 (I like cop drama better than corporate conspiracy drama). I finally got to the "Rains of Castamere" episode of Game of Thrones ... and, damn. And in the next couple of weeks, Once Upon a Time and Sleepy Hollow both come back. The DVR will be busy.

No comments: