Monday, September 15, 2014

Writers of the Future, Quarter 3

Straight rejection this quarter, and I am very, very confused. This is one of the best stories I've ever written. I think it's on par with my finalist from last year. When I submitted it, I thought it would get a semifinalist at the very least, but here I am with a "you didn't win" email. Overconfidence? Maybe. I've had a good run of sales lately, and yes, I've been feeling confident about my writing. Today, I am slamming back to Earth in a big way. Let's just say that I'm glad I'm close to becoming disqualified from Writers of the Future.

In 23 quarters of entering this damned-if-I-can-figure-it-out contest:
  • Finalist: 1
  • Semifinalist: 1
  • Silver honorable mention: 1
  • Honorable mention: 12
  • Rejection: 8

No comments: