Thursday, October 23, 2014

MileHiCon this weekend

I will be wandering the halls and panels of MileHiCon tomorrow through Sunday. This will be my fifth or six year there. I lose count. It's a good time. I get to see some writer friends. I even know a few regular attendees now, so I have folks to hang out with at the bar.

Every year, I tell myself that I should do some panels, sign some books, do a reading. In other words, be a guest instead of a member. But again this year, I will be sitting in the audience instead of at the front of the room. Because of ... intruder syndrome, I guess. I'm starting to feel like a "real writer," whatever that means. I'm writing a novel. I even meet the requirements to join SFWA after my burst of sales and publications over the past three months. But, sit on a panel with Connie Willis, Carrie Vaughn or Michael Swanwick? Yeah. I'm not there yet.

But I will be lurking around, if by any chance anyone wants to find me and chat. I'm always happy to chat, and hang out, and generally have a fun time.

No comments: