Saturday, January 3, 2015

What I'm reading

One of my resolutions for 2015 is to read more. So here's what I have read so far this year and what I'm reading now:
  • The King's Deryni, Katherine Kurtz. I got this for Christmas. I've read every one of Kurtz's Deryni books up until now. I'm about 100 pages into this one and enjoying it so far.
  • Flash Fiction Online, January issue. OK, so I have a story in there, so I'm biased. I enjoyed the other two stories as well.
  • Galaxy's Edge, January issue. I'm working my way through it. So far I've read the Heinlein reprint "All You Zombies" and "In Secrets, Absolution" by Andrea G. Stewart. Both good. I recommend Stewart's story.
  • Asimov's Science Fiction, February issue. I'm about a third of the way through Nick Wolven's novella “On the Night of the Robo-Bulls and Zombie Dancers.” I like the idea behind it, of a pill that allows humans to stop sleeping and the unintended consequences of that.
  • Catching Fire, Suzanne Collins. This is the book I'm reading to my kids right now. For me, it's a reread, but it's been a couple years.

And for a bonus, some books I have on my reading list for this year:
  • The Martian by Andy Weir
  • The Slow Silent Regard of Things by Patrick Rothfuss
  • Elysium by Jennifer Marie Brissett
  • Lock In by John Scalzi
  • Dangerous Visions, anthology, ed. Harlan Ellison

No comments: