Thursday, February 12, 2015

Publication Day! At Perihelion Science Fiction

My short story "Loopholes" is live today at Perihelion Science Fiction.

Here's a tease of the opening to whet your appetite to read more:
Melinda Kronen slid a tablet across her desk and waved at the screen. “This is why I asked you here today, Dr. Jansen.” 
Peter took off his glasses and wiped them on his old tweed jacket. He felt grossly out of place here. The spacious office was furnished in trendy metallics without a single bookshelf or comfortable chair in sight. And Melinda, while more personable than he had expected for a business executive, wore a black suit that Peter would have expected to see in court or at a funeral. 
He glanced at the tablet screen. “It’s a man,” he said. 
“Not exactly. Look closer.”

I don't have a cool, behind-the-scenes, making-of story on this one. I got an idea for a present-day company whose business is time travel and the complications that might result if a traveler came back in time and refused to leave. Then I wrote it. And I'm very happy that I can now share the story with all of you.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Congratulations!