Thursday, April 9, 2015

Stuff that's not Hugos

On my Facebook feed and the writers' boards that I frequent, all anyone seems to want to talk about is the Hugos and Puppygate. In the interest of pulling away from that, here are other things going on in my life that do not involve writers grumbling about the Hugos.
  • My family is getting toward the end of its annual birthday-palooza. One of my sons turns 11 tomorrow. During the past three weeks, my other son turned 19 and my daughter turned 8. Also in there, birthdays for my dad, sister, niece and cousin.
  • My husband and I celebrate our 12th anniversary next week.
  • I'm starting work on co-writing a story with two-time Writers of the Future finalist Dustin Adams. It's our first time writing together. I'm excited to see where the story goes.
  • I've hit the halfway point in the novel. Which is so say I'm being a very slow writer. It has taken me nine months to get this far. I will have to light a fire under my butt to get a first draft done by summer.
  • The new dog is working out. She's still a sweetie, but she doesn't yet understand what is an acceptable chew toy and what isn't. Last night's casualty: a stuffed dog that my Aunt Julie, who tragically died a few years ago, gave to me when I was a kid. The stuffed dog is repairable. I hope.
  • I'm reading Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie. It's really good. Next up is the sequel.
  • Outlander came back on Sunday, but I haven't had time to watch the episode yet because I've been swamped with reading, writing, birthday preparations and the new dog.
  • Life is pretty good.

No comments: