Wednesday, May 20, 2015

So far this week

It's only Wednesday, and I have plenty of news.

New York Times Bestselling author Jonathan Maberry and his co-editor Bryan Thomas Schmidt announced this on Monday:
JOE LEDGER NEWS! In 2017 St. Martin's Griffin will publish JOE LEDGER: UNSTOPPABLE -an anthology of Ledger stories written by some of today's masters of mayhem, including Larry Correia, Joe McKinney, Weston Ochse, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Christopher Golden, Tim Lebbon, Dana Fredsti, David Farland, Javier Grillo-Marxuach, Steve Alten, Jon McGoran, Scott Sigler, Ray Garton, Claire Ashgrove, Bryan Thomas Schmidt, Jennifer Campbell-Hicks, Jeremy Robinson, and James A. Moore. Plus I'll do an original Ledger story, too! Now THAT is a lineup. Mr. Church isn't the only one who has friends in the industry.
So, yeah, that's my name in there. I'm really excited to be part of this project! It's going to be fun, getting to play in Maberry's world. I'll share more details as I get them.

Last night, my dad and I went to the last Pen and Podium lecture of the year, a series sponsored by my employer The Denver Post. The guest was Neil Gaiman. We sat in the front row of the theater, dead center. It was 90 minutes of Neil Gaiman on the stage with a microphone. He talked about his career, read a couple of stories and answered some questions. Unsurprisingly, he's an excellent public speaker, engaging and funny.

Last bit of news: I have sent in my application to the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America. I hope soon I will get word that I'm the newest member of SFWA.

No comments: