Sunday, October 4, 2015

Updatery time

Happy October, everyone!

Actually, October is one of my least favorite months because it means winter is right around the corner. Snow and me don't get along. I should be living in Miami, not Denver.

Here's what's going on in writing:
So, lots of good news.

Also, I will be at MileHiCon, Oct. 23-25. This convention is always a highlight of the year for me. This will be my first year participating on panels, and I might also be doing a reading. I'll post my schedule here when I get it. If you're around the convention, please stop me to say hi.

And things I'm reading:
  • "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline with my 11-year-old son. There are parts that aren't appropriate for him, so I'm editing as we go along. Overall, we are both absolutely loving this book. For the first time in a long time, my kiddo complains when I tell him we have to stop for the night and go to bed.
  • "Dawn" by Erin Hunter with my 8-year-old daughter. This is the third book in the second series about the Warrior Cats. This series is darker than the first one and gets a lot into the devastation that humans cause to the ecosystem when we rip up natural open areas to build houses and roads.
  • "Joe Ledger: Special Ops" by Jonathan Maberry. I've read three Joe Ledger novels, and now I'm jumping into the short story collection. I'm enjoying these stories a lot, more than the novels, which are also awesome. That's probably my natural inclination toward short fiction coming out.

No comments: