Friday, December 4, 2015

Writers of the Future, Quarter 4

Another quarter, another honorable mention. At least it feels that way sometimes. This was my second to last quarter. As of Jan. 1, I will really truly "pro-out" of the contest. That means have one shot left to win, or I never will. The good news is that I don't really need a win; my sales are coming along nicely without it. The whole point of this when I started was to get my foot in the door of the writing and publishing community, but I think I've already accomplished that. Go, me. Still, I would like to attend to the workshop, and meet the writers and judges, and be able to say I'm a winner. It's looking increasingly likely that will never happen. I'll give it my best in my last entry and maybe ...

So, the tally in 28 straight quarters:
  • Finalist: 1
  • Semi-finalist: 2
  • Silver honorable mention: 2
  • Honorable mention: 14
  • Rejection: 9

1 comment:

Mike said...

Forget the meaningless awards. Just keep writing beautiful pieces like "Found Day."