Friday, August 5, 2016

Writing, job hunt and Olympics

Flyby post today.

The novel is coming along. I'm at 48,000-plus words and hope to hit the 50,000 mark today, which also will mark the three-fourths point in my outline. I don't know whether I'll have a draft done before WorldCon, which starts in two weeks, but that's still my goal.

I had an interview yesterday for what looks like a great position in government communications. I'm one of three finalists and will find out next week whether they want me, with my extensive media background, or want to go in another direction. I hope for the former. The people are nice, the work is varied, and I would have an actual office for the first time in my career. I also know a rejection doesn't mean I'm not qualified or wouldn't do a great job. (Because I am qualified and would do a great job, of course!) It only means they would want an extensive PR background, or marketing, or something else. The hard part now is waiting.

At least I have the Olympics to distract me this weekend. Summer games, Rio, Zika fears. Go Team USA! This is the only time I watch sports on television. I've already watched some women's soccer, which I love because I played soccer for years when I was a kid.

That's about it. Told you this would be short. Time to go write.

No comments: